

These are pictures of Matt in Kuwait
5 more days and Matt will finally be home! He was originally scheduled to arrive tomorrow (the 25th) but of course things were delayed as usual. So, he will come home on the 29th now. We are both very excited and cannot wait to finally see each other again! I'm so thankful that God has brought us through these past 6 months. He provided me with great friends and a caring church family to keep me occupied during this time. I was also fortunate to be able to make two trips back home to California to see family and friends thanks to my parents! I miss all of you!!
Through each and every deployment I have endured, God has shown me priceless lessons. This deployment I learned how to fully put my trust in the Lord. God had closed a door at what seemed like an ideal opportunity for Matt's career with the Air Force. It was not a part of God's plan though and I had a very difficult time accepting that. However, through it all I learned that I am not in control of my life, but God is. I just need to trust him because he will see us through whatever circumstance we may be going through. As of right now we are still not sure where he wants us to go or what to do. I am not worried about it though because when you put your trust in God, he gives you an amazing peace and reassurance that everything will be alright. What an awesome God we serve!
5 comments:
Hey Matt and Lisa, we miss you guys and V-town, but can't really say we miss eating only at Applebee's. Matt have a safe trip home and good luck with school. Todd's doing okay and the girls are good. Have a good day.
I love it that you have a blog for me to keep an eye on you two!! We are excited that Matt will be home soon and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you. WE LOVE YOU!
Lisa!!! You have a blog:) I am so glad Matt will be home soon! Praise the Lord for the valleys, because the mountains are all the more sweet ;) Love you
~Jen
this blog is dumb :)
Hey Lisa! This is Leanne Ulrich, friend of Jen Dittmar...I got to your blog from her blog! I am so excited to hear about your trust in the Lord! He is AMAZING. Glad to hear that Matt is home safely, and I can't wait to hear where God directs you guys next!
Post a Comment