"All I have is what God gives and that's all the life that I was meant to live." -John Reuben
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Last Saturday we went to Cologne, Germany for the day, but unfortunately we didn't get to stay the whole day due to the rain. We waited out the big down pour and we were going to stay once it let up, but we were damp and so was Emma, so we decided to head back so she wouldn't get sick. Cologne is not too far from us, so we are going to go back again when the weather is nicer and explore the city more. I really liked this city from what we were able to see, so I am really looking forward to coming back. The pictures that are posted are of the Cologne Cathedral (Kolner Dom) and a neat little fountain we saw. The pictures of the cathedral do not due it justice, this place was massive! I seriously could not take my eyes off of it when we were near it. It seems unreal when you are next it to. There is so much detail in the architecture...it really is a work of art! Construction of the cathedral began in 1248 and took, with interruptions, until 1880 to complete! It is one of the world's largest churches and is believed to have the remains of the Three Wise Men in shrine.
No comments:
Post a Comment