"All I have is what God gives and that's all the life that I was meant to live." -John Reuben

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Biloxi Round 2

This past weekend we went to Biloxi, Mississippi to go to a car show. This is the second year in a row that we have gone and this year was kind of a bust. The reservations for our room got messed up and it rained on and off during the car show which made it hard to see all the cars. Since we were kind of bummed on our way home, I wanted to stop and see the U.S.S. Alabama Battleship that is on display in Alabama's harbor. Matt was hesitant to stop because he wanted to get back home since there was a long drive ahead of us, but when I made my sad face, he decided to stop. I think we both enjoyed exploring the battleship and learning about it's history. They also had a submarine on display there called the U.S.S. Drum. The Battleship and the Submarine were put into use in the 1940's. It was so neat touring the vessels that once held our military members from the past. Seeing this made my weekend all the more sweeter.

1 comment:

Gabe and Jen said...

Awesome! I am glad you guys got to get aways and have a great trip :) Miss Ya!
~Jen