I hate to bring sad news, but I need to keep you all informed. Last Thursday I went in for a check-up to hear the baby's heartbeat and they could not find one. So, they did an ultrasound and found that the baby was only measuring 6 weeks and I am supposed to be at 10 weeks. Friday they did some blood work and they did some more today to see if there was any change in the levels. If the levels kept elevating then that means that the baby is still growing, but if the levels decreased then that means the baby is gone. Well, unfortunately my levels decreased by quite a bit over the past few days. I think the hardest part about this whole thing was the fact that I did not have any symptoms of having a miscarriage. I was having all of the normal pregnancy symptoms and did not even know anything was wrong until they looked for the heartbeat. My midwife told me that what probably happened was what they call a missed miscarriage and that is where my body still thinks that I am pregnant, so I go through all the pregnancy symptoms. But reality, the baby has really stopped growing several weeks ago and my body was not aware of it. My midwife recommends for me to have a D&C done because my body still has not passed it and does not want an infection to occur.
Thank you all for showing support for us even though you could not be here. It means a lot to me and it's comforting to know that we have family and friends who care.
No comments:
Post a Comment