"All I have is what God gives and that's all the life that I was meant to live." -John Reuben

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Nice Day at the Lake...

Today I went to Mission Lake out at the base to take a break from my 15 page paper and let Casey run around. I brought my camera with me this time and I was looking forward to taking some pictures because the scenery is so beautiful out there. Unfortunately, when I turned on the camera the batteries were dead. So, maybe next time I will get some pictures.

It is so peaceful out there, that is why I enjoy going. I was reading a book while sitting on a swing and Casey was exploring. We had some company join us before too long though. A couple brought their Italian Greyhound to let him play. I was kind of nervous at first to let Casey play with him because I never know how she will do with other dogs, but she did
fine. Casey was twice the size of the other dog and she was still scared of him! Nerd dog... as Matt would say. :)

Tired after an exciting day.


2 comments:

The McCandless Family said...

i'm glad you had fun. is this the same lake that we looked for alligators in?

Kristie said...

That sounds so peaceful.
When Nick and I first starting dating he suprised me with a picnic lunch there....it is beautiful.